A new era of Senior Men’s rugby union is set to begin in 2018 with RugbyWA launching a revamped competition structure for the next three seasons.
The part-time position presents an opportunity for a highly motivated person to work with the other club coaches, oversee the development program, strength and conditioning, and coach first grade in Western Australia’s Premier Grade Competition.
The Club’s primary goal is to Better the Player, Better the Person and Better the Community.
This frames our focus on an already strong club culture. The Club actively supports aspirational players, coaches and managers and we look forward to furthering our recent history of providing a platform for those associated with the Club to reach the next level of their goals.
Reporting ultimately to the Club’s Board but day to day involvement with the Director of Rugby.
The Head Coach will be responsible for:
- providing direction and leadership for all grade and colts teams including coaches and support staff
- align technical strategy across all teams for future development and success
- the performance of the 1st Grade team
- overseeing and managing individual development plans for players
- managing support staff including medical and strength and conditioning experts.
- identify retention/development needs of current players
- identify recruitment requirements to build a strong on field platform that fits with the Club Culture
- ability to work within the rugby budget – noting management of overall budget is done by the Board.
- report to the Board on a monthly basis, including on field performance, injury management and player development strategies
An agreed set of performance indicators will be put in place with the successful candidate to ensure clarity of expectations. The successful applicant will hold a minimum of a World Rugby (Level 3) accreditation.
Starting date, remuneration and length of tenure will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
For further information or submission of a resume, application and referee details contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close COB Friday 15th September 2017, with an appointment expected by the end of September.